COVID-19 Response & Relief Efforts
Get updated on the latest COVID-19 information
As the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic continues to evolve, HEC is focused on working with leadership to help flatten the curve and create strategies for relief and recovery.
HEC is also committed to helping provide information, resources, and to encourage community connection and engagement. Through a partnership with Ryan Tsuji and Yunji De Nies, a daily Facebook live conversation takes place at 10 a.m. on the Star Advertiser page, which also airs live on Honolulu magazine and 1500 AM KHKA (CBS Radio). Guest to the show have included: Mayor Kirk Caldwell; Scott Murakami, director of the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations; and Connie Mitchell, executive director of Institute of Human Services.
The COVID-19 Care Conversation
Join COVID-19 Care Conversation sponsored by the Hawai’i Executive Collaborative, live every weekday at 10:30 a.m. Yunji de Nies and Ryan Kalei Tsuji will discuss the latest news, resources and community concerns about the coronavirus outbreak in Hawaii.
The Hawaii Community Foundation created the Hawaii Resilience Fund to rapidly deploy resources to nonprofit organizations who are assisting those in most need. The fund is also helping to expand regional test sites and screenings for houseless individuals.
Here are a list of resources for employers and employees
- U.S. Senator Brian Schatz’s Resource Guide – Senator Schatz released a resource guide to help Hawaii’s small businesses better understand how to access federal loans and new programs established under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The bipartisan $2 trillion CARES Act is the largest aid package in American history.
- Hawaii State Department of Labor – Updates for employers, information about filing for unemployment
- Hawaiian Electric – Information about keeping your energy services connected during financial hardship
- Spectrum offers free internet service for 60 days – KITV4
- Small Business Administration – Providing disaster assistance loans to small businesses impacted by Coronavirus Press Release Handout